MAY PEACE BE UPON YOU
"The heart is like a bird.
Love is its head, and its two wings are hope and fear."
Ibn al-Qayyim, Madârij al-Sâlikîn
You may navigate by the buttons below.
Monday, June 19, 2006
12:42
A Reunion of the Foreign Maids
Well, the foreign maids aka FM are refered to us, the old buddies came together yesterday for a long- awaited reunion. It was soo fun I tell you.. It just brought back all the memories we had together back in Madrasah Al- Irsyad.
Just a quick history of FM, we were a close bunch since back then and called ourselves the foreign maids because each of us has different traits as if we represent from 5 different countries. Just look at Maya, obviously she's an indon, Fer looks totally like achi, Amanina has that Vietnam look, Fai has that dunno-from-where look, and me, worst of all, they prefer me to be from Thailand because I have a mixture of malay and chinese outlook.
So yesterday we went out and I got to take the car to fetch Amanina, Fai and Maya from Woodlands and we proceeded to Orchard. Fer wasn't there because she pulled out last minute but I told that I wanted to meet her so much that I made her changed her mind. Haha. So she would meet us at Orchard directly. Along the way, it was so chaotic in the car because everyone just had so many things to update including me who struggled a bit to concentrate on the road because I was trying to answer their questions as well as asking them questions.. Of course, that includes the inevitable question of ' Bila nak kahwin'.. And also the excitement of them looking at me driving. Haha.. Now I got them really motivated to get their own license.
With the comfort of the car, we decided to detour to Suntec. We sat at The Coffee Bean and that was when all of us had a good laugh and a touch of the old FM gang.. We all hadn't changed much really.. Fai still has her bad habit of her loud burp. Haha. Maya still couldn't finish her food. Only that Amanina has gained some weight. Makin tembam pulak. I can see she's happy. Her big day coming soon.. And Fer is now a tall as me. And me? They say I'm a bit softer now.. Haha..
It's just different being around my old friends, I realised that I can't behave the way I do with everyone else, they get to see my old self just like they knew me during our school days.. Nothing can replace you guys, and I would always love all of you to heart. Unfortunately I couldn't stay till the end as I had another agenda to attend to later that night. I had fun, they had fun, we came together and part with big smiles and a rejuvenated friendship. Alhamdulillah.