MAY PEACE BE UPON YOU
"The heart is like a bird.
Love is its head, and its two wings are hope and fear."
Ibn al-Qayyim, Madârij al-Sâlikîn
You may navigate by the buttons below.
Friday, October 06, 2006
08:32
Ramadhan Days
It's been almost 2 weeks of fasting. Hmm.. So what have I done?
For a start, i'm having my 1 month vacation from school, so quite happy with that opportunity to be more focus on my ibadah. Apart from that, a few hours daily is put aside to help at the bazaar ramadhan from 3pm to maghrib. So.. kirakan i still have a good bunch of quality time for myself. But then again, what have I done???
You know, good thing I got to sambut ramadhan (not having the once-a-month thing), so i would say the spirit was up. Then.. the once-a-month thing came. And then it was like an anti- climax. I felt that I have done nothing throughout the days off. I know I had that thought at the back of my head to at least read the tafsir quran or something to compensate the 'loss'. And, you know lah.. kalau dah 'at the back' of my head tu, that's very unlikely to happen. Oklah, zikir sikit2 tu ada, but still.... I felt empty. So today, I am back on the fasting mode. Alhamdulillah. Glad it didn't happen on the last 10 days.. cos I really really need it.
2 more weeks to the finishing line, if i were to give a rate on my amal ibadah, i would give it a 3 out of 10. Sigh.. what's done is done. Need to catch up. May Allah grant me health and strength to experince the rest of Ramadhan with iman and taqwa and emerge as a better muslimah afterwards. Insya Allah.