Friday, December 01, 2006
19:04
What's with me today??
Yesterday was the pin- up. We were told that 15 lucky people will be selected to present for the first interim today to test out their project hypthesis to see whether or not their proposal is good enough. And so.. I was hoping, of course, not to be one of those people because I hate to face a big audience with nothing much to be proud of anyway.
So this morning, my day started so irritatingly lousy.. I tell you why. First, I overslept till 7.10am gitu and first thought came to mind, "Oh no! Subuh dah lepas!". Rase menyesal semacam, padahal I set my alarm at 6am. Then waited till 8am to do qada'. Then got ready to fetch the car at kedai by cab. After waiting for like 5 minutes for the cab yang tak timbul2, I thought I should walk further to the main road to have more chances of seeing more cabs. When I needed to check the time, I then realised I forgot my watch and hp. AHH! After rushing back to take the things and waited for another 15 minutes to finally get a cab, it was already 8.50am. Buang mase betol, and it cost me $6 just for the 5 minutes journey to kedai. Ok so i thought finally i can sped off to school, unfortunately, minyak habis! AHH! So I spent about 15 minutes to top up the fuel using my pocket money which left me with nothing to spend for lunch later.. AHH! That's not all.. Thinking that SLE route is nearer to where I am then, I decided to give it go and tried to be more independent with directions. After about 20 minutes of driving, I didn't turn in at the juntion! Padahal dah nampak signage to Temasek Polytechnic. By the time it was too late to make a turn. After fetching jannah, we reached school at 10am. That's 1 hour of driving from west to east! *Sigh*
So like what I hoped, i didn't get to present this time round. At least I got to just sit back and watch what others have to say about their works. All I can say after all the presentations, I now know what is actually the essentials of presentations. They were given 10 minutes to talk but some went all the way like pretending not to notice our boring faces. If over the time limit tu takpe, some literally reading off the slides as if we don't know how to read. Kalau slide lawa tu takpe jugak. Hehe. Perry, my lecturer, was commenting by using this rather logical example that made us imagine what if you bump into the developer of a project in a lift alone with him from the ground floor to the 36th floor and you got only so much of that time in the lift to sell off your project. That points out how critical time is in this design field. 10 mins means 10 mins which reminds of how Islam has already reminded in surah Al- Asr which then also reminds me of how little i regard the vitality of time. How impossible can it be to wish that time can wait for us.