MAY PEACE BE UPON YOU
"The heart is like a bird.
Love is its head, and its two wings are hope and fear."
Ibn al-Qayyim, Madârij al-Sâlikîn
You may navigate by the buttons below.
Friday, March 02, 2007
12:26
Dismounting of boards
finally!
lecturers gave permisssion to dismount the boards today. All posters are to be down by 8pm and that shows it IS the last day i will think about fyp. WEEEEEEE!! It's been such a journey to have for the past months. I've had my lowest low and highest high. I'm just glad it's over. Last wednesday was our diploma show. I got to present to the external examiners and it didn't turn out too badly. I remember walking of smiling. Great day to remember, Alhamdulillah. Now what's next for me?
I've been thinking ... a lot. Day and night. Hehe. I've been getting alot of "r u ok?"s lately probably bcos my mind tend to wander off in deep thoughts thinking about the future. There are a few options that I like to pursue.. choosing the one will have to be the best for supporting my goals in life, the kind of lifestyle i want to have, the surroundings I like.. these are the considerations i will have to think about. In the mean time, while I decide for my future, let's just ponder about this:
Practical Aim
After great pain, what would the body learn that it does not already know of relief?
When that fire truck has raged past, what do I rediscover about silence, except that I would always miss it?
Do trees mind if it is the same wind that passes through their heads everyday?
After the mall is completed, must we remember the field it inhibits now where we chased each other as children?
If my lover fails to wake me with a kiss a third time this week, do I worry?
After the earthquake, would it matter if no one saw two dogs from different families approach each other without suspicion, then move apart?
As the workers wash their faces hidden by helmets that beam back at the sun, should they care about the new building behind them beyond the fear of it falling?
Does solitude offer the strength ovet time, or is denial of if the only practical aim?
If my mother cannot see how else to be happy, is it enough that she may lie in bed, convinced God watches her sleep?
After severe loss, what does the heart learn that it has not already understood about regret?
When all light finally forsakes a room, do we take the time to interrogate the dark, and to what end?
Cited by Cheryl Yang